17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

TishTrek - my 51/51 Challenge!

Happy New Year, Bloggers!

On December 12th, 2009, I was with family in New York City on the last day of my fifth decade and we had an excellent time! To honor the start of decade #6, I've decided to give myself the greatest birthday gift of all. I'm going to work hard to lose 51 pound in my 51st year! Welcome to this unbelievable journey... I'm "Everybody's Cousin Tish" and today I start my 51/51 Challenge called TishTrek!

My New Year's resolution is to execute actions in 2010 that will help my mind focus like a heat-seeking missile so I can target, destroy and melt away the 51 pounds that literally sit between me and my most precious goal. That goal is to be here for my husband Harry, my beautiful daughter Kate and my wonderful son Scott as far into the future as biology and a healthy body will allow.

It's Saturday, January 2nd and today is Day #1 for Everybody's Cousin Tish. So far I've lost 0 of those 51 targeted pounds and my official score is 0/51! Holy cow - there's lots of work to do, but first things first: This kind of life style change takes planning, so I just joined the Virgin Healthmiles Program at work! It's an important baby step towards gaining the awareness I need to assess where I'm at and what I've been doing, so I can successfully get to where I have to go. Every physical step I take towards better health this year will be recorded. Bolstered by the Virgin HealthMiles support system and all of you, I'm confident I will prevail.

I'm a little nervous, but very excited. I'll report back tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Best regards,
Everybody's Cousin Tish
Score: 0/51

Quote of the Day: "You are able, if you think you are." - author unknown

3 comments:

  1. Great job Mom! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just remember your friends are with you every step ...i'll even join you for a fw of those steps if you need company on the 51/51 path....go girl go...let the garnet gull fly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted ur blog on facebook and a lot of my friends were really supportive! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete