17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Enjoy Some "Food For Thought!"

Day #19 - Step, step, step...

After yesterday's Blog, I wanted to circle back to let you know that my husband and I have some Life-Rules and here are just a few:

We don't tell other adults what to eat, drink, or wear. We also don't tell them when they should come and go; or what habits or hobbies they should dabble in or eliminate from their lives. The same rules apply to this Blog.

Okay - I admit it! I do carry on (for hours...) about Driving-While-Texting since I personally have to dodge that danger on the "Killing Field" called the Garden State Parkway during my commute every single day! And if anyone caught the faces of the deceased on Oprah's January 18th show when she covered this topic, you'd create your own monologue to stop this insanity!

But honestly, what I'm doing in Blogger-ville is sharing a person's life experience with a hope that something I learned (or will discover in this process...) might actually help or motivate someone else today or at some point in the future. Maybe I can save someone from my mistakes, but probably not...

Yesterday's Cream Cheese Entry was only meant to ask readers to think about this food choice by explaining how truly surprised I was to discover "where" exactly my Bagel-Buddy landed on that Healthy Heart Buster List.

A reader may decide that extra steps might be in order for those days when a bagel + cream cheese becomes the treat-of-choice; or eliminate it from a diet altogether. Others may conclude that their good health, metabolism + activity levels create better ADME-process (Absorption, Distribution, blah, blah) excellence than most of us enjoy, so they may choose to ignore the Blog entry altogether.

In the end, this Blog is meant to be fluid and informative; poignant and personal. There are no mandates and nothing is meant to be judgemental, bossy, or disrespectful. Consider the whole effort as "Food For Thought."

The 24/7 Cardio-Net Event Monitor with the sticky leads and wires hidden under my shirt that tracked my crazy arrhythmia's last summer is now replaced with my "easy-to-wear" Virgin HealthMiles GoZone Step Meter. My September electrophysiology study and ablation procedures are a distant memory, so this journey is definitely about getting my head out of my heart chamber and looking forward. It's about participating in the decision over which monitor will control my life going forward.

With God's help, I figured out that celebrating all the moments that got me here is the only strategy that can help me win. Thanks for joining me in this adventure.

Best regards,
Everybody's Cousin Tish
Score: 7/51

Quote of the Day: "Some of us think it's holding on that makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go."
- Hermann Hesse, Nobel Prize for Literature in 1946

No comments:

Post a Comment