17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself!"

On Wednesdays, I cut out my 4 hour commute to-and-from work by working remotely from home. I now call it "Work-Out-Wednesdays!" While attending conference calls, interviewing employment candidates and talking to colleagues today, I walked on the treadmill for two hours and no one knew it! By the end of the day, I logged 21,857 steps, (It's a big deal in the Virgin GoZone when you log over 20,000 steps, so I am absolutely psyched!)

Do you remember on Day #5 when I carried on about being fearful of letting team members down when I joined the New Year's Resolution Group Challenge?! Remember me whining about not being an athlete and being consumed by self doubt?!

Well, today is Day #13 and there are only 14 days left of this challenge and I'm holding my own and contributing in a big way! My best effort has been enough so far! Below are step results for my team taken right from the Virgin HealthMiles Website and Support Center:


Real Name Total Steps (As of Wednesday, Jaunary 13th, 2010 @ 9:35 p.m.)

Tish Ferguson 106,516
Jason 93,879
Cory 81,559
Jeffrey 70,212
Francisco 66,129
John 63,436
Jeane 34,561

I'm doing it! I'm not letting anyone down at all and this personal challenge is doing wonders for me! Look at the steps I logged, so what on earth was I afraid of on Day #5?

From now on, I'm keeping step with President Franklin D. Roosevelt's quote from his First Inaugural Address which taught us a long time ago that the "Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself." (March 4th, 1933).

From this day forward, fear is banned from my Virgin HealthMiles GoZone!

Best regards,
Everybody's Cousin Tish
Score: 5/51

Quote of the Day: "Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis doesn't spend much time celebrating or reflecting on past wins. He's instantly on to the next task at hand."
- Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

1 comment: