17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stamp Out Self-Doubt in the BIG VIRGIN GoZone!!

It's TishTrek Day #5... and the BIG VIRGIN GoZone STEP CHALLENGE starts today! I woke up repeating my family's motto: "You are able, if you think you are!" "You are able, if you think you are!" And then threw the covers over my head and screamed, "What the heck am I doing??!"

What if I end up the biggest loser who can't log enough steps to keep my team happy or in the running for those awesome prizes?! I can see myself on January 28th sending little notes of apology to my entire team with the $50 Visa Gift Cards that they could NOT win because of me! Healthy fruit baskets will follow... Oh gosh - Could it be that I joined a group challenge too soon?

Hey wait one minute... Hold it right there! How come whenever we're trying to do something good for ourselves... visions of losing stalk us like a hot flash in the night?! Who am I doing this challenge for anyway? If this is my personal 51/51 Challenge, how come I'm worried about what everyone else will think of me?

This journey to health and wellness is too important for me to worry about what other people might think. Let the stepping begin...

Doing the best I can will be good enough.

Best regards,
Everybody's Cousin Tish
Score: 4/51

Quote of the Day: Do not compare yourself with others..."for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."
- by Max Ehrmann - The Desiderata Poem, which hung on the wall in my childhood home forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment