17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Kate's Blogging Her Way to NYC: katecferg.blogspot.com

I dedicate today's Blog to my daughter - Kate Cecilia Ferguson - who will turn 21 years old on April 20th and who will graduate from The Ohio State University on Sunday, June 13th! The second quarter of 2010 belongs to Kate! It is a glorious time in our family's life...

Kate and I went to see the movie "Julie and Julia" together last year. It turned out to be one of those mom & daughter days that I know we will always remember. Kate used this film to introduce her technically-challenged mom (who is a lover of composition & content) to the worldwide Blogosphere! My Kate and this movie motivated me to start "TishTrek - My 51/51 Challenge"!

Kate was obviously inspired by this experience too. This week she started her very own writing journey which has sent me right over the moon with pride! "She has Grandma Ceil's gift!!" I screamed out yesterday!

Go to: katecferg.blogspot.com

It is a fantastic read about our Jersey Girl who is preparing herself to take on New York City and the WORLD!! Go Kate! Go!


Best regards,
Everybody's Cousin Tish

Score: Kate wins!

1 comment:

  1. thanks mom. Now why don't you learn more about blogging and "follow" me on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete