17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

#ExcellenceAlwaysMatters - A Lesson from my "Crazy Fast Nephew"

I have a "Crazy Fast Nephew" ~HS junior & Cross Country/Indoor Track All-American-(3200). He competed & placed in both the Foot Locker & New Balance Nationals & received 2017-2018 "U.S. Gatorade Player of the Year~Boys Cross Country Runner of the Year" for Athletic Excellence, Academic Achievement & Exemplary Character.

As an aunt, I'm Alive-with-Pride, but I get so darn nervous when he runs State & National Races. In a poignant effort to calm me down, my "Crazy Fast Nephew" had a message for me. He said, "Aunt Tish - I love running with the BEST! When the people you are competing against or work beside are all excellent, everyone's game goes up! The best runners in the nation inspire & push me to run faster!"

At Freedom Mortgage we are motivated by high caliber colleagues for the very same reasons!  If YOU operate consistently with leader behaviors & celebrate excellence in your daily life, Freedom Mortgage would like to know who YOU are.  Go to our FMC Career Page OR contact me at patricia.ferguson@freedommortgage.com

TishTrek - 3/30/18

No comments:

Post a Comment