17th Anniversary of 9-11...

17th Anniversary of 9-11...
On the 17th Anniversary of 9-11, we continue prayers for a path to peace. (Picture above - TishTrek and husband Harry @ the podium inside the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York City). It was the privilege of a lifetime for us to be with leaders from around the world on a night when honoring excellence in writing and reporting was the common language uniting all of us. As one of the proud sponsors of the Annual U.N. Correspondents' Dinner, we enjoyed honoring excellence in writing and communications by helping to fund scholarships for international university students who had the courage & talent to tackle some of the difficult issues of our time. Through their magnificent words, they successfully created content that helped readers see through the lens of their research & life experiences. These students inspired all of us. I have confidence the next generation will pick up where we leave off.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Drive Safe: A Mother's Day Blessing

Welcome to TishTrek - THE JOB BLOG!

To all commuters, vacation travelers and people who drive for a living - I got lucky, so my message is to be safe... You don't have to believe in a higher power to understand what the message is here. Have a great weekend.

HE tried to tell me on the Garden State Parkway that I was too exhausted, so - like an idiot - I opened the window and started singing to the radio.

I fell asleep at the wheel of my car inside the Holland Tunnel on Saturday on my way into NYC to bring my Kate home for Mother's Day.

The steering column cracked because of the strength of the impact as I hit the wall when the car veered out of control.

There is significant damage to the 'insides' of the car but I know HE met me under the Hudson River on Saturday.

I am humbled and grateful...

HE carried me out of that tunnel with barely a scratch.

HE made sure there was no car in the lane next to me as I nodded off to sleep; left the right lane; and crossed over-the-line into the left lane before I hit the north wall several times.

HE made sure that all the cars behind me were at least 4-5 car lengths back so no one would crash into me.

HE made sure that I didn't kill or harm another driver or family.

HE made sure Kate was not in the car with me when this happened.

HE made sure that if this had to happen that there would be a cement bumper lining the entire length of the tunnel (at car wheel level that I never noticed before...) - it knocked the wheels out of alignment and it seared deep burn marks into the rim & metal hub caps, but... it kept the body of the car from being destroyed as HE protected me from serious bodily harm.

HE made sure I wasn't on a cell phone or texting; and HE made sure that I had not had a single glass of wine, so I would be alert & strong enough to take back control once HE woke me to what was happening.

HE made sure my whole left side would ache for a while and HE left me a tad shook up to make absolutely sure that I'd remind others to pull over, get that coffee, ask a friend to drive, or make the trip when you aren't tired, exhausted or still regrouping from two weeks of sinusitis. We all do it... so please stay safe.

My Katie said, "Obviously HE has more work for you to do Mom, Happy Mother's Day."

Best regards,
TishTrek

No comments:

Post a Comment